I thought I’d show you all my silver toning routine today. I last toned my hair about a week ago, and took lots of photos for you. I’ve done a video in real time of how it’s done but here it is in pictures:
1. I get Directions Silver Toner. In the past I’ve always bought three tubs but this time I only used one and a half.
2. I washed my hair then wrapped it up in a towel for ten to fifteen minutes – this diffuses the moisture out of the hair to leave it damp but not dripping (diffusion: movement of a substance from an area of higher concentration to an area of lower concentration).
3. I went back to the bathroom, opened the silver toner, scooped it out with my hand and splortched it onto my hair until it was completely covered in purple.
4. I covered it in a white plastic bin bag so it didn’t stain my skin or my dressing gown.
5. I left it for about twenty to twenty five minutes (enough time to drink a cup of tea).
6. I rinsed it off and conditioned with the Nice N’ Easy Colourseal Conditioner (it comes with hair dye or you can buy it separately from almost anywhere that sells shampoo).
7. Ta-da! Finished result:
It didn’t take on my roots because they weren’t light enough.
Here’s the video if you want to watch it for more specific application techniques:
Other hair colouring articles you might like: