I have been nominated for a second Liebster award by the awesome Laura at Laura Living Life, check out her blog here! Thank you so much for nominating me! Since it’s been just over a year since my first one, I thought I’d do the whole thing again so here goes:
The Liebster award has changed a bit in the space of a year so Imma go through the new rules etc. It’s an award given to blogs with under 1000 followers with the aim of shouting out blogs that you love so more people get to know them. I did a bit of research on this and apparently when it started it was for blogs with under 3000 followers (but by the time I got mine last year, the blog had to have less than 200 followers and each award had to nominate 11 bloggers, which was SO HARD to find new blogs, I remember spending hours on Twitter searching because all my new blogging friends already had more than 200 follows and I didn’t know how WordPress reader worked… lol). I think 1000-ish followers is a better figure than 200 because it’s more inclusive. If you’ve been nominated, it’s not like the Oscars; everyone who is nominated gets a Liebster award. I did find a new Liebster picture that looked a bit different to the one I used last year, and when I searched on Google images I was just so taken with this stunning starry purple one (I added the year though; feel free to use that pic)!
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
- Answer the questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers who you feel deserve the award (normally bloggers with less than 1000 followers).
- Create a list of questions for your nominees to answer.
- Link your nominees to this post so they know they’ve been nominated.
These are the questions Laura asked me:
- How long have you been blogging and what made you start?
I wanted to share my holiday photos, and my best friend was sick of seeing them (in a good way) so I thought I’d share them on the internet. Tied in with that, I’d converted a Citroen Xsara Picasso into a mini camper and while I was doing it I was surprised there were no online articles about important details so I started writing them and thought they could go up too. About the same time I started my Youtube channel which has always been for hair and beauty… but occasionally I do rabbit vids too because I have 5 bunnies and they’re too adorable to keep to myself, and about once a week I do a beauty-related post on here. I’ve been blogging since 5th December 2014, which was the day before my mum died of cancer. Blogging and Youtubing really kept me going, which is probably why I kept doing them.
- Describe yourself in 3 words?
Playful, hardworking, chatterbox.
- Where do you see yourself in five years time?
I’d like to finally get a mainstream novel out as I’ve only had ebooks published so far (through a proper publisher twice and I self-published twice too, but they’re FAR too steamy for paperback though lol). I’m currently working on a Gothic romance (a la Ann Radcliffe) set in the late 18th century so if it goes well I’ll let y’all know! In fact, in 5 years time, I’d like to have at least three books written by me on my bookshelf.
- What is your favourite holy grail product?
Coconut oil. It’s the best.
- High street or highend fashion?
High street every time. Well until I’m a millionaire lol. But when I’m in London I like to walk down New Bond Street and dream…
- What is your favourite meal?
Stir fry in black bean sauce with plenty of rice (and maybe some cheeky noodles) and soya sauce.
- Who are your top 3 Vloggers?
Shaanxo (beauty), Blogilates (aka Cassey Ho, fitness channel) and Roberto Blake (if you want to grow your channel, he’s the goddamn boss).
- Who are your top 3 bloggers?
This is hard to pick only three. I think Travelling the World Solo, Adventurous Kate and The Blonde Abroad. They’re just so readable.
- Where is one place you would like to visit?
Any tropical island paradise would be perfect for a trip. I’d like to live in New Zealand though.
- If a celebrity had to play your life, who would you want it to be?
Lucy Lawless. She’d nail it in every direction.
2. My Spanglish Familia (I can’t remember if you’ve had one before, but have another one for the New Year!)
7. The Striped Coyote
You might wonder why, when I’m predominately a travel blogger, I didn’t nominate any travel blogs… well I like to keep the Liebster going forwards and all my favourite travel blogs have thousands more followers than that (shout out to Travelling The World Solo and High Heels and a Backpack you guys are awesome!!).
Here’s my questions:
1. Describe your blog in 5 words?
2. What’s (briefly) your usual haircare routine?
3. Puppy or kitten?
4. Who are your top three bands?
5. Do you paint your nails?
6. If yes, do you paint your toenails to match your fingernails?
7. What’s the one thing you’ve found hardest about blogging?
8. Do you Youtube? If so, link us up (because people from my blog will probably be reading this and they need the scoop on your channel)!!
9. Do you have any tattoos or piercings (that you want to share with the world) or have you ever considered these, if so where?
10. What’s your favourite style of sunglasses?
Give me a shout when you’ve done them ‘cos I can’t wait to see your answers and find out more about you all!
Also I have to share this with you from Google’s 29th February Leap Year bunnies (I could watch this all day). If you right click, save picture as, it should just save as a gif on your computer so you can upload it to WordPress the same as if it was a picture, then you can have this on your blog too! Everyone gets bunnies!