Wow so it’s awards season and I’ve been nominated for The Creative Blogger Award by Brandie at TheStripedCoyote. Thank you so much I am delighted!
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
- Share five facts about yourself.
- Nominate some bloggers and add their links.
- Notify the bloggers you included.
- Keep the rules in your post.
5 Facts About Me (some of which I probably shouldn’t tell you but I’m going to anyway):
- I share life with five rabbits called Fifer, Poppy, Timmy, Cleo and Sebastien. Two of them (Cleo and Timmy) are houserabbits and the other three live outdoors in a purpose-designed bunny village in my back garden. This was possible because…
- I own my own house. I bought a house with my future-husband-to-be when I was 26. This was such an achievement since I was homeless at 18, but at the same time it has come with a few downsides, but the best part is not having to deal with/be dependent on any more shitty landlords.
- I love cars (but ironically I get car sick). I love working on my car, I love driving my car, I love travelling to awesome places in my car, I love dreaming about which cars I could buy if I had any money at all… cars cars cars. I wish they were more environmentally friendly though.
- I am married. My first wedding anniversary was in June. I never planned to be married but I’m not complaining! I was determined not to just disappear into the life-role, but I wanted to be my own person… but married. Just like my childhood role model, Emma Peel from The Avengers (TV series, nothing to do with Marvel). I get annoyed that TV (and well-meaning older relatives, and actually, society in general) leads us to believe that once a woman is married her sense of personhood dissolves into the household. It doesn’t have to be that way!! I am still an independent lady with my own mind, I still travel solo when I want to, I just happen to share life with someone else while I choose to do so. People make out it’s such a big deal, but it’s basically like having a boyfriend only if one of us dies the other one has less paperwork.
- I have an obsession with soya sauce. If it’s not on my rice/noodles, I don’t want to know! Well… unless I’m not eating Oriental food.
And I’m nominating:
Laura at Laura Living Life
Ellen at Travelling the World Solo
POSH at Look at Her Hair
Megan at Megan’s Beauty Blog
HighHeelsAndABackpack at HighHeelsAndABackpack
I look forward to finding out more about you all!