Okay so this post talks about… bathroom stuff. If that bothers you, now is the time to bail.
Still with me? Then you’re probably also out of toilet paper. At the moment it’s almost impossible to get toilet paper, baby wipes and kitchen roll around the world because scared people are stockpiling it.
Here’s some alternatives to consider (most of these are fine for use on babies too):
- Cotton roll soaked in water (DON’T FLUSH THIS, it has to go in the garbage).
- A personal hygiene bidet or perinatal bottle (it’s a bottle you fill and squirt it over your private parts to clean them). You’ll still want to pat dry but this might reduce TP usage especially if you have underlying health issues like IBS or hemorrhoids. Fill it with warm water and imagine you live in Japan. I bought 2 of these (one for my husband and one for me) and they arrived while I was writing this article.
- A towelling washcloth soaked in water (DON’T FLUSH THIS. You can wash it in the machine on a boil wash with some bleach then re-use).
- Newspaper (scratchy much? PLEASE DON’T FLUSH THIS EITHER).
- Grass or leaves. Hmmm…. I think I’ll try all the others first, haha.
Got any other alternatives to toilet paper that I haven’t covered? Let me know in the comments.
Are you also struggling to buy hand sanitizer? This post details 10 great alternatives (and 2 less great ones).