Forgot Valentine’s day? Looking for a quick way to say “I love you”? Or do you just love eating fun-shaped toast? Whatever your reason, here’s a quick and easy Valentine’s breakfast that you can do in two minutes! Feed it to your husband, your wife, your kids, or even just make it for yourself. Nothing says “I love you” like a heart-shaped Valentine’s breakfast that’s so easy, a six-year-old could make it (adult supervision required)!
You will need:
Two slices of bread.
A pair of scissors.
Your favourite spread.
Here’s how to make your 2-minute Valentine’s breakfast:
- Take the scissors and cut the bread into heart shapes, by cutting along two of the crusts then shaping the other end of the bread (leave as much bread as possible) into a heart shape.
- Put your heart-shaped bread into the toaster, leaving the pointy end up to make it easy to get them back out.
- Wait for your bread to pop.
- Boing! It’s popped! Put your favourite spread on the toast.
- Arrange on a plate.
- Take to your beloved (or your child, or to your favourite sitting spot).
- Eating time!
Once you’ve got the knack for shaping the bread, you could go crazy and do this toast with scrambled eggs, baked beans (sorry, Weetabix, you’re not needed today) or even something fancy like eggs benedict or eggs royale (check out my easy vegan hollandaise sauce recipe if you’re planning one of these).